When a student breaks one of the rules, they are issued with a consequence in order of seriousness:
- Verbal warning
- Second verbal warning and/or held back for up to 10 minutes
- Class teacher detention set by teacher of up to 30 minutes
- Departmental detention 1 hour after the end of the Academy day
- Head of Year detention for up to 1 hour after the end of the Academy day on Wednesday. Set for poor punctuality or poor behaviour during social times.
- Senior Leadership Detention of 1½ hours on a Friday after the end of the Academy day
- On Site Provision, should a student repeatedly choose not to comply as requested by a member of staff, they will be removed from lessons for a 24hr period and will work in On Site Provision. Students will work in silence supervised by staff from the Behaviour Support Centre.
Students may be placed on a Pastoral Support Plan to support them in improving their behaviour. In very serious cases students may face a fixed term exclusion of up to five days or a permanent exclusion from Beaufort Co-operative Academy.